We are just one week away from WWDC 2022, which takes place from Monday, June 6th to Friday, June 10th. Apple’s annual developer conference will be a (mostly) online event for the third year in a row, in which Apple is expected to showcase its latest software. , which includes iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16.
WWDC is always an exciting week for developers and Apple fans alike. Here are five ways to prepare for the event as it draws to a close.
1. Mark Your Calendar
On the opening day of WWDC 2022, June 6, there will be three keynote presentations:
- apple keynote 10 a.m. PT: Apple is expected to introduce iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16, and there’s always the chance for a hardware surprise or two. will be the keynote speaker Streamed on Apple.comIn apple developer appIn the Apple TV app and on YouTube, on-demand playback is available after the broadcast ends.
- State of the Union Platforms 1 p.m. PT: Apple will take a deep dive into new developer tools, technologies and advancements in its software platform. Platforms State of the Union will be broadcast on apple developer website and in apple developer app.
- Apple Design Award 5 p.m. PT: According to Apple, the annual Apple Design Awards “recognize the arts, crafts, creativity, and technical expertise that Apple developers bring to their work.” The presentation of the awards will be streamed on the Apple Developer website and in the Apple Developer app.
We recommend that you add these dates and times to the Apple Calendar app and be reminded 15-30 minutes before the start of the presentation using the “Alerts” option. Datefull. Find out when the WWDC 2022 keynote starts in time zones around the world via,
2. Download the Apple Developer App
recently updated apple developer app Serves as a hub for WWDC content, providing daily updates and notifications on the latest news, content and activities. Starting June 7, new videos from WWDC sessions will be shared daily on the app, providing a deeper insight into the new features and frameworks introduced on the Apple software platform.
The latest version of the Apple Developer app also includes WWDC 2022 stickers for use in the Messages and FaceTime apps.
apple developer app Available in App Store For iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. WWDC 2022 sessions will be free, but “Developer Labs” and “Digital Lounges” will require an Apple Developer Program membership.
3. Join the Apple Developer Program or Public Beta Program
In line with previous years, Apple is likely to ship the first beta versions of iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16 to registered developers for testing soon after the WWDC keynote ends. 2022 on Monday.
Those interested in officially installing the developer beta on their devices will need to: Sign up for membership in the Apple Developer Program, which costs $99 per year in the United States. Apple says people must be 18 or older in the United States or have reached the age of majority in their home country to sign up for the program.
Those who don’t want to pay for the Apple Developer Program membership can join Apple Free Public Beta Software ProgramBut this option will require additional waiting, as the first public beta is likely to be released in July.
It is important to note that beta software releases from Apple often contain some bugs or other issues that may affect performance or usability, especially early beta releases. For this reason, it is always recommended to install beta software on a secondary device that you do not trust for daily use. We strongly recommend backing up your devices to Mac or iCloud before installing the beta software due to the risk of data loss.
4. Sign Up for the Digital Salon Starting Tomorrow
WWDC 2022 will mark the return digital lounge, allows developers to interact with Apple engineers and designers throughout the week. The Digital Lounge will include Q&A sessions, watch parties with session presenters, community icebreakers and more.
Apple Developer Program members and winners of the Swift Student Challenge 2022 will be able to register for the Digital Lounge, starting May 31, and Lounges starting June 7. more information Available on the WWDC website,
5. Follow MacRumors
MacRumors There will be full coverage of WWDC 2022, including a live blog from the keynote speaker. If you can’t see the broadcast, make sure Follow @MacRumorsLive on TwitterWhere we will also live tweet the inaugural address.
you can also follow MacRumors In instagram, youtube, TIC Toc, FacebookYou RSS For the latest news, videos and more from WWDC. For our reactions to this year’s WWDC announcements, be sure to subscribe MacRumors Show podcast,
Our detailed WWDC roundup is another useful resource worth adding to your browser’s bookmarks bar over the next few weeks.