The 2022 Worldwide Developers Conference is just a week away, one of the biggest Apple events of the year. We’ve heard surprisingly little about iOS 16 this year, so we’re in for some big surprises when it arrives on June 6.
While we waited for the main event, we thought we’d share some iOS 16 Wish List Items of MacRumors readers, because who knows we might see some of these features in the next generation version of iOS. Everything on this list comes from the iOS 16 discussion MacRumors forums
- More control over the location of app icons on the home screen
- Option to hide or move dock
- Option to add more apps to dock
- always on clock on lock screen
- Customizable quick launch buttons to replace camera and flashlight
- dark mode icon
- Split View on iPhone
- A screen for recently used apps
- Battery percentage in status bar
- Theme support and a theme store.
Widgets and Control Center
- lock screen widget
- Interactive/Live Widgets
- Control Center API for third-party applications
- Clear all button for notifications
- Visual LED for notifications
- Mac-Style Browser Notifications
- Option to postpone notifications
- Universal Notifications: Notifications are deleted from all devices when they are read on one
- Scheduled texts in messages
- RCS support for messages
- Read receipts and typing indicator for group chats in Messages
- Option to delete all attachments in messages
- Edit function for messages
- Scheduled Sending and Postponing in Mail
- Equalizer Settings for Music App
- Find My . share the wrong location in
- find my location history
- HomeKit Guest Mode
- Better organization in Settings, including submenus for third-party apps
- Option to prevent photos from syncing across devices
- Different ringtone for each sim
- Best Budget Devices for Apple Card
- lock folder/application
- Face ID authentication instead of captcha
- Standard Keyboard Haptic Feedback
- Option to share current state of focus (working, sleeping, etc.)
- calculator app
- weather app
- Support for separate app windows
- support for multiple users
What is rumour?
In years past, the first versions of iOS were leaked, giving us an idea of what to expect. That’s not the case this year, and we only have a few details on what could be included in iOS 16.
The iPhone 14 Pro model won’t have a standard notch, which means we could see some minor design changes, and there are rumors of improvements to the Health app, such as medication management tools.
Unspecified notification updates are in the works, and we may see updates related to emergency satellite messaging features and car accident detection. iPadOS 16 may get new multitasking features, and we may even see support for services Apple is working on like a hardware subscription service.
You can read a little more about what’s going on in our dedicated iOS 16 roundup.
What do you want to see more of?
Looking for tips that aren’t on our list? Let us know in the comments below.