Apple has announced watchOS 8.6 beta 2 for developers at WWDC 2021. It also has new features like respiratory rate monitoring in sleep tracking and a mindfulness app that combines breathing activity with reminders that take a few minutes to “reflect” throughout the day.
Plus, there’s more fine-grained control over messages like twisting the Digital Crown to move the cursor, and other cool additions like new workouts and a new portrait skin.
To start exploring these great features right away, learn how to download and install watchOS 8.6 beta 2 on your Apple Watch.
what you will need:
- An Apple Developer Account.
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later with at least 50% charge and with charger connected.
- A paired iPhone 6s or later running iOS 15.4 beta 2 for developers and connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
How to Download watchOS 8.6 Beta 2 on Apple Watch
To get the latest watchOS 8, you must first get the watchOS Developer Beta profile on your paired iPhone:
- Revealed Safari On your paired iPhone and sign in developer.apple.com
- play To find out and then play watchOS,
- play download,
Alternatively, you can log in to developer.apple.com On Mac or PC, download the file and mail it to your iPhone account.
- If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID,
- Next to watchOS 8.6 beta 2, tap install profile,
- play let When prompted for permission to set up a profile.
- play to establish to start the download process.
- If prompted, enter your Password,
- play to establish to confirm.
- play restart To restart your Apple Watch and complete the process.
How to Install watchOS 8.6 Beta 2 on Apple Watch
The beta certificate you downloaded earlier tells the Watch app on your iPhone that watchOS 8.6 is available. When the Watch app detects the update, you can install it as usual by following the steps below. If the beta doesn’t appear, restart your Apple Watch one more time.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network and open it watch application
- In it my watch tab, touch Mango,
- play software update,
- play Download and install,
- enter your phone Password,
- play To accept for Terms and Conditions.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its magnetic charger and make sure it already has at least 50% charge.
- play to establish on your iPhone and/or your Apple Watch.
Once the process is complete, your Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. You can see the progress on the screen of your Apple Watch.
watchOS 8.6 update failed? Try the above procedure one more time. If it fails repeatedly, please unpair and repair your Apple Watch, then try again.
Can I downgrade from watchOS 8.6 beta 2 to watchOS 7?
If you would like to know how to delete watchOS 8.6 beta 2 profile, please note that you cannot do it independently. You have to contact Apple and let them help you. So you should only download watchOS 8.6 beta 2 if you absolutely have to. If you have any other questions, please share them in the comments below.