Alierta family sells Real Zaragoza

admin
admin April 8, 2022 57 Views
Updated 2022/04/08 at 2:49 PM
4 Min Read
Alierta family sells Real Zaragoza
Alierta family sells Real Zaragoza Listen to this article

Real Zaragoza fans.
Real Zaragoza fans.John Medina (Reuters)

Real Zaragoza have decided to reverse their roadmap, with the board of directors unable to revive a club which, due to its heraldry and fans, claims to be in the First Division. “Ares management has presented a plan for the future to improve the workforce, and this is important to us. We wish the best for Real Zaragoza and we have assessed that this offer is the most interesting in all senses for the good of the club”, he resolved to the web prince of paris César Alierta, former president of Telefónica and maximum shareholder of the Aragonese club.

Thus, Ares Management, the American group led by the Cuban-born Mas Santos brothers—Jorge and Jose, sons of renowned anti-Castro politician and businessman Mas Canosa—and including Joseph Oghourlian, president of the publishing group PRISA. EL will acquire PAÍS, a share package of the Alierta family (51% of the total), and subsequently, along with other shareholders, until it reaches 91% of the entity’s shares. Jim Carpenter, president of RMG Team Capital Company, and Jim Miller and Mark Afholter, executive officers of Ares Management Corporation, are also participating in the purchase operation. The remaining 9% is distributed among some five thousand minority shareholders. The agreement, yes, is subject to two conditions: the stability of Real Zaragoza in the LaLiga SmartBank this season and the authorization of operations by the Higher Sports Council.

Ares Management already has ties to the sports world, as it became involved as a preferred equity investor in the North American MLS project and Jorge Maas owns Inter Miami with 90% of the shares (the remaining 10% is in the hands of Inter). is in Miami) former player David Beckham), a club that includes, among others, Higuain, Matuidi, Jairo Quinteros and Rodolfo Pizarro. Jorge Maas also holds shares in Brazilian Botafogo.

It is the first public limited company to be headed by Zaragoza, which has a net debt of 68 million and a salary cap of 5.5 million imposed by LaLiga. The club’s financial condition has exacerbated the team’s impoverishment to such an extent that it escaped relegation the previous year. Lost in the second division for almost a decade, something that has never been seen in its 90-year history, has sparked protests in the city against the current management of the board and has been expressed by fans at the stadium during this time. Matches: There are 19,000 season ticket holders and each match fills three-quarters of the pitch.

It’s time for a change in Zaragoza, a club that has won six Copa del Reyes, a Super Cup, a Fairs Cup and a Recopa. An economic and sporting injection that will serve to reshape the club’s institutional and executive aspects, where former Barcelona and Arsenal football director Ral Sanlehi will have full authority.

You EL PAÍS Sports in . can follow Facebook You Twitteror sign up here to receive our weekly newspaper,


Share this Article